Child Safety & Advocacy Fund
About the fund
Established by Attorney Sandra Boyle of Tunkhannock in memory of her late husband Kevin to support organizations in northeastern Pennsylvania that provide advocacy and safety services for abused and neglected children.
From the Donor:
The Child Safety and Advocacy Fund was established in memory of Kevin Boyle MSW who resided in Nicholson. Kevin was a clinical social worker who provided counseling services at Tri County Mental Health Services, Inc. based in Carbondale. He worked many years in the Honesdale Office. He loved children and believed that the greatest gift to give a child is confidence. Kevin volunteered as a Red Cross mental health provider who counseled both victims of disaster and those who rescued them. Kevin went to the Oklahoma City bombing and the World Trade Center among many natural disasters. Kevin inspired all who knew him.
And so the Child Safety and Advocacy Fund is a tribute to him and his work. Since the fund has been established it has provided assistance for the following:
- Rent for a college student who had no family support and had been a foster child for several years;
- Two trips to New York City to see a Broadway play for foster children who had never been to New York City;
- Laptop computer for college student who had been a foster child and was learning virtually due to COVID 19;
- Christmas gifts for teenagers who were placed in foster care right before Christmas;
- Athletic equipment and uniforms for foster children so they could participate in school sporting activities;
- Bus transport to professional baseball game for children who could not afford the ticket;
- Food carts during pandemic for foster children who were at home learning virtually and who had been on the school breakfast and/or lunch program;
- Assistance in providing for proper equipment for examination of abused children.